add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Extreme help. Teamviewer is bad now.

RainOfPain125

14 months ago

As of late Teamviewer has decided to update it's software to have more rigorous auto detection of users using their software for "commercial use". I have been one of those people and can no longer use TeamViewer privately without buying an entire business license - which I am definitely not buying.

Is there another remote control desktop app that is as simple and effective as TV? Please do not suggest join.me and it has tons of bugs and severely limits use when needing to do things that requires administrator privileges.

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe you could uninstall the software it sees as “Commerical Use”?

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Uh............. thats not how this works. at all. the only thing software-side of things that matters is whether or not you're running traditional windows or windows server.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry, I’ve never used team viewer before, I misread what you said.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

https://www.remoteutilities.com/

http://www.uvnc.com/

The first is probably the best bet if you have a small number of endpoints. The second is much more complex but free under GPL.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube