add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What is Push, Pull and Push/Pull?

Rajid

71 months ago

I'm pretty new to computer stuff and I just wanted to know what is Push, Pull and Push/Pull. I know it's a fan configuration but what I want to know what each one does and how to set it up. Thanks!

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Its has to do with the direction of airflow based on which way your fans are facing. Either its pushing air inside the case or sucking it out (pulling it) to the outside.

[comment deleted]
  • 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Not necessarily better performance. Depending on the fans and what rad/cooler you use, temp differences could be minimal. I think linus did a video on this. Also, fairly certain you use pressure optimized fans for both

[comment deleted]
  • 71 months ago
  • 3 points

Here's the video I was talking about. If you have space for push/pull, go for it. It looks better imo, but doesn't really give you much of a performance/noise increase.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I have seen with many of testing for differences in my research of cooling, down to TIM and the differences in radiators. The results are extremely minimal in differences like cooperred said. You could only be looking at a 1~3 degree difference. A high pressure fan in the push configuration will provide the best performance since its actually pushing air over a surface and out, not just sucking hot air out and trying to pull cold air through. All a push/pull configuration would do is pull that hot air out faster away from the radiator.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

By water-cooled radiators, you mean like the H100i and NZXT Kraken? And thanks for clearing it up!

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Those are an example, yes, of All-in-One (AIO) or closed-loop-cooler (CLC). In in a true custom water cooled system use radiators similar to those, but perform better, those radiators can cost as much or more then an h100i.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube