add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New pc wont turn on

brokePCbuilder2004
  • 17 months ago

I just finished building my new gaming pc. It has the ryzen 5 2600 and the rx 570. When I went to turn it on, the pc didn't start running. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions.

Comments

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Are there any lights or fans or anything when you hit the power? If not, is everything plugged in correctly and tightly? Power cords and all that. Are the front panel headers connected properly? Is everything seated in the PC correctly? Is everything internally connected properly and securely? If you can check all of your cables and report back I can help you more.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Your parts list?

Is your motherboard compatible with the newer Ryzen (2) chips? If its a 300-series (A320, B350, X370) chipset you will need to update the BIOS first using a previous gen compatible processor. If it's a 400-series (B450, X470) motherboard that won't be a concern.

When you power up - does anything light up? fans kick in? any audible sound?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube