add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Computer has problems with shut down and sleep functions

Anthony764
  • 17 months ago

Hi, I built a computer this July and ever since day 1, it's had problems with sleep and shut down. Here are the specs:

-ASRock fatal1ty mini-ITX X470 motherboard -AMD Ryzen 5 2600X -ASRock Phantom Gaming AMD Radeon 570 -Corsair Vengeance LED Memory -Corsair RM650i Power supply -Corsair h100 pro CPU cooler -Windows 10 Pro

What happens are two different things, but I suspect they're related: 1) when the computer goes to sleep, I often cannot wake it. I see the power light on the case blinking, but pressing buttons on the keyboard does nothing to wake the computer. I have to press the power button, which causes the computer to restart. If the computer goes to sleep maybe 3 times a day, this happens at least one of those times every day. 2) When I shut down the computer, the computer doesn't fully turn off. The monitor goes black, the keyboard and mouse turn off their lights, but the fans and lights on the computer itself are still all on. They will not turn off. Pressing the power button does nothing. Here the only solution is to flip the switch on the power supply itself off. This happens about every other day.

So what gives? Any ideas?

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube