add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Performance issues please help

HPVN
  • 17 months ago

2 years ago I made my own computer.

Specs: gtx 970, intel-4460, 8gb ddr3 ram, ethernet cable internet connection, Windows 10, Micro ATX board (let say a MSI - Z97M Gaming Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard) Brand new 1tb segregate hard drive, EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (I'm guessing on that)

Since the start of using my computer I have had huge performance issues. Streaming anything other than webgames leaves the computer useless, many newer games are also left unplayable without streaming such as destiny 2. Counterstrike, rust, rocket league have screen lag (stuttering issues) that make playing them very difficult.

What I am interested in is what would be the best solution to allowing me to play these games without problems. Would it be to sell my pc and start a fresh as none of the specs are good enough to play these games, or is it one part of the pc that is bottle necking the whole system

Any help will be massively appreciated, because I've had enough with these performance issues.

Comments

• 17 months ago
  • 2 points

Put a cheap little ssd in the system for the OS and programs

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

I might have to give that a go.

• 17 months ago
  • 2 points

You should put together a system build so we know exactly what components you have. Don't guess at what they are. Look them up and select the correct parts. If they are not available to select then add them to your description. This way we can look for possible compatibility issues.

Judging by what you have listed you should not have a problem. Could the issue be with your internet provider? Are you able to play the games offline? I mean Counterstrike with bots should be smooth.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah agreed I should, haven't been home to have a look at what they are yet. Many single player games seem to struggle also such as Rome total war 2 as for internet it doesn't seem to be lag as its the frame rate that is hit hard.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube