add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need graphics card help

Randall0208
  • 17 months ago

I bought the evga gtx 1070 recently and wasn’t really what I thought it would be. I upgraded from the evga gtx 1060 3gb. I mainly play fortnite and I notice that when I go into a game and I’m in the lobby I get around now 90 FPS (I’m on medium settings btw) and I have a 144hz monitor so it feels horrid, and when I’m flying off the bus I get around 100 FPS but the second I land on the ground i get 200ish FPS. Still concerning because this is just medium settings and I feel like my gtx 1060 ran better than this. I have a two monitor setup and when I ran out and tab back in it takes a while for my FPS to rise back up to my 144fps minimum and it’s kind of annoying. When I first installed it I uninstalled my old drivers and installed the ones it said to download on GeForce experience so not sure what it could be. A gtx 1070ti is on sale now for 400 and thinking of returning this and buying that, please if you have any knowledge let me know. Thanks.

Edit: temps are fine, low 60s while I play and 30 idle. Maybe I uninstalled stuff I wasn’t supposed to when I uninstalled the old drivers?

Comments

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

90 fps on a 144mhz monitor looks good you don't need 144 fps for it to look good. 144 is the max fps the monitor can display so 200ish fps is actually 144 fps. Maybe you're experiencing screen tearing? Turn v-sync on and see if that helps.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

i mean when i constantly get 144 fps until now it looks pretty ******, its like with a 60 hz monitor going under 60 fps

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube