add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

i5-7400/RX 580 randomly cutting out during gaming

Svnryn
  • 17 months ago

Hi,

Recently upgraded my Pentium G4560/RX 570 build to a i5-7400/RX 580 last month. I've recently noticed some oddities with the system. It has crashed twice now recently while gaming (PUBG and Blackout Beta) and then powers back up. Not a consistent issue, but still two more than I ever experienced previously with the G4560/570.

Any ideas what could be the issue? I did not perform a clean OS install after upgrading the CPU as they're both the same architecture and I read it wasn't necessary. Not sure if it's power supply related as I'm well within the 80% with room to spare. Currently have a Seasonic M12II 520 Bronze. Overall system appears more sluggish and games don't seem to be running that much better than with the g4560/570.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Link to part list below.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/f9zLFt

Thanks!

Comments

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

What driver version are you running? The last few other then 18.5.2 have had similar issues for Me.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube