add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
mohasti
  • 17 months ago

hello friends,

For the last 2 months I keep getting random black screens with no sound and I wondered if it was my gpu´s fault. Yesterday the screen turned black again but this time when I manually shut down the pc nothing would come up on the screen on startup. The gpu fans do not spin like they used to do and it seems unresponsive. I tried to use the integrated graphics and it worked. I tried to put the gpu in other slots but nothing happened. The pc is built by me and I have used it for about 2 years and 4 months.

pc specs: GPU: sapphire r9 390x CPU: i5 6600k RAM: corsair 16gb ddr4 PSU: fractal design 750W bronze Motherboard: asus z170 pro gaming.

Comments

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Try cleaning the GPU contacts with a soft white pencil eraser so they are shiny and not dull

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

I tried it but nothing happened. I put an old gpu from a friend in the pc and as of now everything works fine. Does this mean my old gpu is dead?

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

How old is your PSU?

I've had PSU in the past that have slowly died by producing less and less power.

Did you try your GPU in your friends PC?

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

My PSU is like 2 years old. I have not tried the gpu in an another pc yet.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube