add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Q. Connect fans to case or motherboard??

russyd20
  • 17 months ago

Hi all, just 'finished' my first build and I have a question about the best set-up for my fans/cooling...

I've used the Fractal Node 304 which has a built-in fan controller and connections for the 3 included fans (2 x 92mm front, 1 x 140mm rear), and I have connected as such, but mainly because my mobo (ASRock H370M) only has 2 fan connections on the board.

Therefore, if I wanted to connect a fan to the board, I'd only be able to connect 2 of them, right? Is it best to leave them as they are - on the speed/positional case switch I can physically adjust? Or would it be preferable to have any connected to the mobo? Am I right in assuming that if connected to the mobo, the speed would automatically vary depending on the temps??

Appreciate your input!

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube