add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

RAM Issues with Ryzen 2700 c

newbbuilder98
  • 17 months ago

I built this computer 2 months ago (https://pcpartpicker.com/user/newbbuilder98/saved/X8smqs ) with this RAM (Patriot Viper LED 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz DRAM (Desktop Memory) CL16 1.35V White DIMM (288-pin) Extreme Performance PVLW416G320C6K (Intel XMP, AMD Ryzen) ) and everything was running great. I had the RAM stable at 3200. 2 days ago while I was out of town the house lost power. Now the RAM will only run at 2133. I have tried multiple settings and timings and the RAM won't post except at 2133 when it runs fine. I'd like to get it back to 3200 but not sure what else to try. I set the timings manually last time as the DOCP default wouldn't post. Any help with timing/settings to try would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you tried resetting bios (clearing CMOS)?

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

No. Will that effect anything else as far as programs and settings? I'm still pretty new to this.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

No... it will just reset all your bios settings. Then try enabling XMP profile. Check your manual for instructions on how to clear CMOS. It will either be with a jumper or button on your motherboard.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

OK. I will try that. The XMP profile did not work even initially. But will try it again.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

The XMP profile did not work even initially

Did you try updating bios to latest version?

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

I cleared CMOS and now can't boot at all. Says press F1 to enter setup but F1 does nothing. Pulled the power supply and still nothing.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Not normal......Try clearing CMOS again. Did you try connecting keyboard to another usb.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

I finally got it booted up. I changed out my keyboard as the F1 key wasn't working. Still can't get RAM to run at 3200 but at least the computer is running.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube