add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New PC won't power on at all.

Runedavid45
  • 17 months ago

First time builder, as far as i know, all wires are connected properly, got the 4 pin CPU wire in, the big motherboard one is in, GPU one is in, both sticks of RAM are in the proper slots and are properly in. HDD and SDD are properly connected. Plugged it in to test it out and see if the built in fans in the chasis worked, and nothing came on at all, no LEDS, nothing. Checked to make sure the PSU power button was turned on and everything. Any suggestions?

Comments

• 17 months ago
  • 2 points

Just to rule out the silly stuff do you have the front IO panel connected properly? This can be tricking for 1st time builders. Polarity isn't always a problem but if you have the reset switch connected to power switch that could get you a zero power symptom.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

^yes try checking front io panel connectors as well^

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

did you install the motherboard standoffs? they might be causing a short which is preventing boot. also try booting with only one stick of ram, is the ram also installed in the correct slots (refer to motherboard manual to find out). also is the gpu fitted in all the way?

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

i got NZXT H440 case and the stand offs were pre installed, havent tried the 1 stick of RAM method, but yes they should be in the correct/ manual recommended slots, the GPU seems to be fitted all the way, the little clamp goes down so i assume it is. I just did a paperclip test to see if it was the PSU that wasnt working, but no, it did work and a LED even came on in the case along with a fan.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

You can try to post with 1 stick of ram in far left slot closest to the CPU. Unplug hard drives and any USB drives that you have. You want the least number of components possible to get into the bios. Once you get to the bios you can try pugging in components 1 at a time making sure it will post with each addition. If you are unable to get into the bios check to make sure your ram is compatible with your motherboard.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube