add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Upgrading my build, what do you think?

Nexsio

14 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NmRxV6 Gonna be mainly for gaming, streaming, and editing.

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Conductonought? Going for liquid metal? If so thats dangerous stuff if you do not apply correctly. I would do tons of research.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I just saw that it was the best rated. What do you recommend for really good thermal paste?

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Really, the pre applied paste on the cooler will be sufficient.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

He’s reusing it from another system, so he will have to replace the paste.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm a fan of the Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste. It's non-conductive too, so you don't have to be too cautious about it shorting your board out

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

awesome! I'll try that!

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor $369.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Purchased For $0.00
Thermal Compound Thermal Grizzly - Kryonaut 1g 1g Thermal Paste $9.95 @ Amazon
Motherboard Asus - ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $246.88 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory Purchased For $0.00
Storage Crucial - MX500 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $169.99 @ Adorama
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For $0.00
Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card Purchased For $0.00
Case Corsair - Carbide 400C White ATX Mid Tower Case Purchased For $0.00
Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Purchased For $0.00
Case Fan Deepcool - RF 120 56.5 CFM 120mm Fan $19.43
Case Fan Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB 47.3 CFM 120mm Fan $27.19 @ Amazon
Case Fan Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB 47.3 CFM 120mm Fan $27.19 @ Amazon
Case Fan *Deepcool - RF 140 (2-pack) 64.1 CFM 140mm Fan $34.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $905.61
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-24 03:53 EDT-0400
  • Conductonaut is pretty good, but if you’re going to replace the AIO’s paste, go for Kryonaut (it’s just as good, if not better than the H100is stock paste, and liquid metal does funny things to copper, when it’s been used for an extended period of time)
  • Dropped 2 of the RF120s for ML120s (those fans can be controlled with the AIO’s software, and they’re better for static pressure)
  • 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Will all the fans be able to sync to the same color even though they’re different brands? thanks for the reply again haha

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

The ML120s will have to be controlled with Corsair Link, but the RFs should be able to be controlled with Corsair Link.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

So you don't think the color will differ from brand to brand? Also do you think I might need to add on a better PSU if I add on this RGB Led Strip

Edit: I've just decided just to not go with the led strips, unless you know of a really good brand.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

That LED strip will do fine, but it will be controlled independently (via it's controller)

Colour won't matter, it's just that the RFs and the MLs will have to be controlled with 2 different kinds of software.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube