add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ryzen 3 2200G black screen after driver install

Cosmichunter
  • 17 months ago

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Ryzen 3 2200G which runs fine with the standard Microsoft Basic Display Adapter but as soon as I install the Adrenalin driver the screen goes black and the only way to get back into the system is to go into safe mode and remove the driver.

The system is as follows,

Ryzen 3 2200G

MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC

8GB Corsair LPX DDR4 3000

Windows 10 Pro 1803

I have freshly installed Windows making sure it was a UEFI install, performed all Windows updates and updated the motherboard with the latest BIOS (7A40vA1). I have tried the latest Adrenalin driver 18.9.2 and the latest Chipset driver 18.10.0830 but within a few seconds the screen goes black and I have to power it off.

I have also tried both the DP and HDMI ports on the motherboard and get the same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• 17 months ago
  • 2 points

So just to be clear the problems begin after the driver is fished installing, or while it is installing? Also have you tried using an older driver?

• 17 months ago
  • 2 points

Don't know if any of this will help but found all of this on another forum... :)

1) Try a driver older than 18.5.1.

2) Start with driver 18.1.1 , then update to latest driver manually like shown in video. (the first pinned comment has detailed instructions)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvC-1gYzTP0&app=desktop

3)Disable CSM in BIOS.

4) Disable Legacy BIOS and enable UEFI only mode

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Updating the driver manually from 18.1.1 seems to have done the trick.

It has been running for over an hour with no issues, several reboots later and everything looks good.

Thank you for the help.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the help

You're welcome! :)

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

The issue appears within about 5 - 10 seconds after the driver has finished installing. I have tried the last three driver releases and the issue remains the same.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube