add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case panel: Front, side or top?

nostalgia2302

16 months ago

When you look for a case, do you prefer the front panel in the top, side or front of the case?

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

I prefer the front to be in... the front?

Am I missing something?

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I actually don't know what it is called.

It's the "area" where the power button, usb and audio jacks are located.

I think it's called the Case I/O to differentiate it from the Motherboard I/O. I don't know the actual name tbh.

Some cases have it on the top, others on the sides, and others...in the front. And in some Towers you can actually put it in diverse locations.

EDIT: I think it's called the I/O Panel

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

Front panel I/O is what you’re thinking of.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on where the computer will be sitting. For where I have mine now, deskside, I prefer top.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Whatever's best for airflow or looks. I'm a big fan of both the PC-o11 dynamics solution, but the Meshify C also does it well.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube