17 months ago
I have an old PC rig from my brother-in-law. He gave it to me after he quit gaming... because he got married to my sister. ;) It was pretty powerful system once but that was about a decade ago. The PC is pretty old but it used to work properly until recently. The only couple things I added/changed about a year ago were newer GPU and more RAM because I've found a decent deal on those parts. I also applied new thermal paste for the CPU cooler. However, about 4 months ago the PC started to act weird. After 15-30 min. of gaming I started to hear subtle crackling audio distortions. Those distortions intensify with time passing and are joined with some visual stutter. I add the YouTube link to the capture of this phenomena at its worse. Here is what I tried so far that didn't helped:
- reinstalling the Windows,
- adding the SSD and reinstalling the Windows and games onto it.
- The load for GPU, CPU nad RAM while gaming does not exceed 50%.
- The temps while gaming are about 650 C for CPU and mobo, and below 700 C for GPU.
- This happens to ALL games, even those not too demanding ones like Pillars of Eternity 1 or older games like Skyrim or Kingdoms of Amalur.
- The audio and visual stutter continues after game is closed and can be experienced while browsing Internet. However, it fades away after few minutes.
Here is YouTube link I mentioned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YboFv7uh_0&t=17s