add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Will this affect me and is this list compatible?

Draig
  • 17 months ago

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ht2Xhy there's a potential incompatibility but I don't have a clue about this stuff.

Comments

• 17 months ago
  • 3 points

The reason why is because Ryzen 2nd gen is newer than B350/X370 boards so some motherboards will require a BIOS update before being able to use any Ryzen 2nd gen CPU. To update the BIOS, you will need a compatible CPU.

• Get either a B450/X470 motherboard for guaranteed compatibility.

• Get a 1st gen Ryzen CPU to guarantee compatible with that specific motherboard.

• 17 months ago
  • 3 points

You can also bring it to a locsl computer store, they can probably give you a free BIOS update, like they did for me.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

He needs to make use of the Short Term Processor Loan "Boot Kit" from AMD warranty.

No need to buy another CPU to update your BIOS, if you need to.

• 17 months ago
  • -1 points

You can also get a cheap bulldozer AM4 CPU, as they work out of the box with A320/B350/X370 boards. They also make decent replacement CPUs if you accidentally bend the pins on your primary chip

[comment deleted]
  • 17 months ago
  • 2 points

It's really no different than Intel?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube