add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

MOBO Standoffs

chamooks
  • 75 months ago

Hey Everyone,

I recently purchased an Asus M5A97 R2.0 board from Newegg as an open box deal since I'm frugal as can be when it comes to buying stuff for myself. I took the risk of it may or may not having all the parts and of course I received the board only. The main thing I care about are the board standoffs. I searched for the standoffs by the boards model # online and couldn't find them but came across these on Amazon; http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00213KL5I/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1395113512&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40. Would these work for my board if I'm using a Cool Master Elite 431 Plus tower?

Comments

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Should work, although you might also need screws to attach your mobo to those standoffs

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Motherboards don't come with stand offs. They should have been included with the case.

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

You're right man. I checked the manual for my case and there were supposed to be some standoffs included along with cable ties and a mobo speaker. I called Amazon and they're overnighting another case to me. Thanks for the reply!

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Every screw a average builder needs should come in a box in your case.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube