• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

RainOfPain125 5 months ago

On the cable box I've set it to 1080i, not stretched or anything, and is set to 16:9

The same kind of stuff is set on the TV, so they're in sync. Yet the TV has tons of artifacting and sometimes will randomly begin to flicker the video from black to whatever frame is being presented for seconds or up to a minute at a time.

This is not a new TV, we just found it while running around. It's a ln46c750r2fXZA (Pretty sure it doesn't have a proper name). Some video options are completely disabled / darkened out (Auto-Adjuct, Screen)

Sorry for posting here, I just use PCPP for basically everything :D

Comments Sorted by:

Slingshott 1 Build 1 point 5 months ago

Btw your tv is this

RainOfPain125 submitter 0 points 5 months ago

Well I knew that

It just doesn't have a really iconic name or anything..

TheShadowGuy 1 point 5 months ago

Try setting your cable box and TV to 1080p.

RainOfPain125 submitter 0 points 5 months ago

Most cable boxes do not come with 1080p as that is too much to feed over the cables. My box only comes with 1080i or 720p.

The few I've dealt with in the past few years supported 1080p. No matter though, maybe try doing 720p in that case.

RainOfPain125 submitter 1 point 5 months ago

Tried 720p, 720i, 480p, 480o

Welp. That narrows it down to an issue with the TV itself. Unfortunately I'm not an expert in TV repair, but you could try seeing if there is a way to flash the firmware for the TV. Beyond that, opening the TV and looking for blown capacitors/loose cabling/etc is an option, but you would then need to source and replace parts.

xPat 3 Builds 1 point 5 months ago

we just found it while running around.

On the side of the road or something? Sounds like it was dumped because... of the issues you're experiencing?

Sell it on ebay etc "as is/for parts or repair" :D

RainOfPain125 submitter 1 point 5 months ago

¯_(ツ)_/¯