add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

ASRock Z390 Taichi or ASUS Rog Strix Z390-e

slbowling

13 months ago

Just preordered a 9700k for the new build I am working on and now I need to pick a new z390 mobo. I got it down to 2 choices, either the Taichi from ASRock or the Rog Strix Z390-E. It looks like the Taichi has overall better parts on the board (Better power delivery, capacitors, dual LAN) while the ROG Strix may have easier, more intuitive BIOS for overclocking. Aura sync also seems to be a lot better than Polychrome.

Haven’t built a computer since I was in 5th grade (almost 20 years ago lol, but that one held up through Windows 7) so it’s been a while and a lot has changed. Have never overclocked before so I may be leaning towards the Rog Strix as it seems to have one of the best, easiest BIOS On the market to use as well as Aura Sync. But I am also drawn to the Taichi for its superior hardware on board.

Anyone have experience with the Z370 models of these boards? The more hardcore enthusiasts seems to gravitate towards ASRock where as ASUS is more mainstream.

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 3 points

I ended up picking the Asrock Taichi over the Strix z390-E. Mostly due to the Taichi having better power delivery. Their features are much the same, although the Taichi has 3 m.2 slots instead of 2 for the Strix.

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

ok just saw some new videos. they aren't being tested on the new chips yet cuz they arent out yet. so wait for the CPU that you bought to be tested i guess with those boards in question. i even saw one vid where the new mobo performed worse than its Z370 version. pasted it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_vKN14OScE

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm waiting to most likely decide between these 2 as well but really need to see some proper reviews once the chip embargo is lifted.

• 13 months ago
  • 0 points

man i dunno, you might wanna wait until there are more youtube reviews.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

I think I am going to wait until I see some decent reviews first. All the new "overclocking AI" from Asus sounds pretty damn gimmicky, including the algorithm that tells you how well you did in the silicon lottery. Interested to see how much better the Taichi can handle power loads while pushing the OC vs the Strix. I am really stuck though. Aura Sync and possibly better UEFI on the Asus vs better hardware but **** RGB software (what the hell is even supported by PolyChrome?) and not as good UEFI.

Definitely getting the ASUS tax on this board though. Since its my first PC build in years I don't necessarily see myself pushing the OC envelop just yet so I might be leaning towards the ASUS. I'll have to wait and see what Steve from GN and JayzTwoCents have to after they do some reviews with the 9700k.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

The asrock extreme Z370 is around 150$ and is viewed as all around great value. Im planning to get that one for my new build

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Asus has some of the best BIOS IMO

The overclocking software is just a gimmick that does too much voltage

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube