add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Random freezes and crashes during gaming on new pc

NOOBDan
  • 16 months ago

So I finished building my pc 2 weeks ago and when I play video games such as CSGO or Rise of the Tomb Raider, I would get these sudden computer freezes where my character would stop moving. I suspect it maybe either a faulty power supply or the gpu because it was a preowned one from ebay. I did some benchmark tests on the gpu though and the temps in game and while idling were fine as well as handling other triple A titles. Any suggestions or tips is much appreciated and I would be greatful, cheers.

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

First thing you should do is put together a build sheet so we all know you are running.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Build Sheet:

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mid-Tower GPU: GTX 1080 Asus Strix CPU: i7 8700k 3.7 ghz unlocked Cooler: DeepCool Gamer Storm Captain 360EX black edition AIO Liquid CPU Cooler MOBO: Z370 Asus Rog Strix-E Gaming PSU: Corsair RM650X Fully Modular Gold 80+ power supply SSD: 500gb Western Digital m.2 HDD: 2 TB Seagate BarraCuda 3.5 Sata3

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't see the ram you're using but I assume from the rest of the build that it is probably decent. When in game does your character freeze but you can continue playing without the game crashing or does it crash PC? Is the game installed on the M2 or the Seagate? Is the PSU new?

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry, the ram is 16 gb (8x2) viper 3200mhz and when I am ingame in CSGO, my character and screen just freezes but I can still hear audio. It does not crash the game but it temporarily freezes for 5 seconds every 2 hours or so. The game is installed on the m.2 and the psu is brand new as I got the whole pc like 3 weeks ago. The gpu however, is from ebay which is 8 months old so that could be an issue but it seems to perform pretty well in other games other than CSGO.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Try playing offline with bots and see if it does the same thing. If not I'd say you have an internet issue. If it does it offline then I would search for others that might have experienced the same issue. There might be some game settings that can be tweaked.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Cheers for the tips, will def try em out!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube