add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NZXT Source 220, window modding?

Brimstone

69 months ago

Hey fella's,

I can't seem to find any accessary or version of the NZXT Source 220 with a window. I'm keen on getting a solution without necessary replacing the case.

Has anyone done window modding and can share their experience on this? Is it worth it?

Any other insight that you think I can benefit from is welcome as well.

Thanks!

Comments

• 69 months ago
  • 2 points

You have a few options:

1. Buy a Source 210 windowed edition. It may not look exactly how you want it, but at least it will have a window.

2. Buy a Source 220, and trade side panels with someone who has the Source 210 windowed. It seems that they are almost the same case, but I'm not sure as there is an extra .5" on a dimension of the Source 220.

3. Buy the Source 220, and some plexiglass. You will need an industrial strength adhesive and a dremel as well. Cut the window shape out of your side panel, then cut out the side panel. Attach them together with the industrial strength adhesive. It's a tough process to get right, but if you really want the case with a window, it's up to you whether it's worth the money or not.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube