add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My PC won't start and I've tried everything. Bad system config.

YaBoyEdster

16 months ago

I've had my PC that I built for around 5 months now. Suddenly, I am now unable to boot into Win10. I get the error screen with error code BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. I've tried (maybe almost) everything from websites like Tom's Hardware and tutorials on YouTube. Nothing I've tried works.

Things I've tried and don't work: - Windows Recovery / Safe Mode: - Reset PC (Keep all files/Remove everything): did not let me - Clean PC (Clean every single thing from the hard drive including drivers), did not let me - Command Prompt: unable to use saves and copy files (mdbackup)

This was my first PC. I built it in May and have been saving for it since CHRISTMAS 2016. I am scared that I'll have to scrap the PC. My parents won't give me money for a new one. I need some good advice from an expert or professional. I plan on going to a computer repair place this weekend.

Is the problem with the hard drive, the motherboard, or a lot more parts than I thought? If you need specs, then my PC is in my completed builds.

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Tried that and everything on it

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Assuming you can't boot into safe mode, I'd try making a USB Linux boot drive, boot from it, and see if you can access the drive from within Linux. Copy off any data you can, then try a clean install of Windows. If the problem is software, that should fix it.

If you can't access the drive or anything, then the drive itself may have failed and you may have to use the manufacturer's warranty.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't lose hope. Follow Brett's link. I'm thinking a registry rebuild is in order. If that doesn't work re-install Windows. If you don't format the "old windows" should be saved and you can recover pictures and documents. Not 100% sure about that since it's been years since I have had to do this.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I tried EVERYTHING suggested on the link. Reset – command prompt – everything.

In addition, it won't let me access my last windows save.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

In addition, it won't let me access my last windows save.

Not sure what means but I'm thinking a fresh windows install.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

You can try Microsoft tech support because this sounds like a software issue, but that can only help to an extent

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey! I got my PC checked out (finally) by a professional, and it WAS a software issue. It seems that the hard drive's contents are interfering with the Windows 10, also installed on the hard drive. He is getting me an M.2 SSD which I will install Windows and my games on.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

nice

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube