add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
SirFlamenco

16 months ago

Hi! I recently did a clean install on my pc, and everything went well. Then, I saw I didn’t have the correct BIOS version so I decided to update it using Gigabyte’s Q-flash. Then, something weird happened when it finished. It rebooted 2 times, but couldn’t do it and left me at the bios. No biggie, I thought. I took out the usb card for the bios and the windows 10 disc I used for the clean install because I thought I wouldn’t need them. I tried booting from the bios but I couldn’t do it.

I then tried to install the usb card and the disc to give me as many boot options as possible, but all of them only try to boot for 2 seconds and then they come back at the boot menu. The installation disc still works for reinstalling windows but this is obviously not an option I want.  So my question is, how do I get to boot to Windows? Were there any automatic backups I could use?

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Try resetting the BIOS to defaults and then consider the motherboard's boot sequence. The drive where the OS is installed (or will be installed) must be in the boot sequence. You need to review Gigabyte’s instructions - Windows and other OSes won't start loading (and can't be reinstalled) until after a BIOS problem is fixed.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube