add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Intel vs. Amd

TheShozaya

70 months ago

Which makes better gaming processors?

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 3 points

if price isnt an issue Intel period.

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

Dude google is your friend.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

there both good but if you have the money intel will usually give you better performance an intel core i5 4670k is a great processor for gaming so is the amd fx 8350

• 70 months ago
  • 3 points

I went with Intel for my current project, but I looked long and hard at the AMD options. Some of them were pretty attractive. In the end, it came down to power usage for me. I'm into cool, quiet, low-wattage systems this year, and Intel seemed to have the advantage for that spec.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I've own both and enjoyed both. I've even had Crossfire 7850's before and never had drive issues. It really comes down to price as what is the best GPU for the best price. That's the reason why i went with the GTX 770 over the R9-280X.

The only beef i have with AMD is that they don't support their GPU's as long as NVIDIA. I still own a HD4850 for my media center and once the windows 8.1 update was released I updated before checking for drivers (My Fault). Basically i had to downgrade to windows 7 to be able to use my media center correctly. Im pretty sure a lot of people complained because eventually they did update a driver to be used.

AMD is up to Beta 4.3 and driver 13.12. The HD 4850 can only use 13.9. Yes i know its like a 5 year old GPU but still!! A NVIDIA gpu like the 9800 which is the same age is still getting updates. So thats my only beef with AMD if you plan to keep a GPU as long as i have.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

im pretty sure he is asking about CPUs in this post.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

haha wow (facepalm). Then to answer question apu<6300<8320<8350/4670k<i7. comes down to price really.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

It'ok haha you're information was still useful

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Intel all the way for me.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

if price is not a issue buy intel i5 4670k it is like 229 right now and it smokes all amd processors unless you are doing thread heavy tasks.I am a gamer for years and all i run is intel my main system is i7 3930 k and do most work and fiddle crap on it and i game on my other machine which is a i5 4570k and maximus vi hero board and it works great.

• 70 months ago
  • -2 points

The only time I've seen people choose AMD over Intel is when budget is a concern. I think AMD has a niche and it is providing performance that is near or similar to Intel but at a more affordable cost.

The following was taken from a hardware review of an XFX PSU, and I think it applies appropriately to the Intel vs. AMD debate as far as how people view Intel...

"The XFX PRO 750 W Black Edition Full Modular is another flawless power supply manufactured by Seasonic, targeted to users who demand only the best."

• 70 months ago
  • 3 points

Lolwut

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

wrong forum for PSU's maybe? ^

• 70 months ago
  • 0 points

This is what we educated folk call making a reference...

1. The action of mentioning or alluding to something.
  • 70 months ago
  • 1 point

cool

• 70 months ago
  • 0 points

It's also the wrong forum for GPU's...at least be consistent if you're going to be a hall monitor.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube