add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Graphics Glitches

Gamerlife03
  • 16 months ago

Hi.

My recently new computer has been giving me issues. I built it from parts from a friend (specifically the GPU, motherboard, and memory) and the rest I bought from various retailers.

Parts List: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Gamerlife03/saved/4qhMZL

I am getting these squares on my screen, and i was able to screenshot the screen to capture them

Picture: https://drive.google.com/file/d/165maBlGHNh0Bp6HBaMDlhVniwfHLqixz/view?usp=sharing

These also come with a large amount of lag and come especially when I try to load something larger (ie loading CSGO or sometimes a YouTube Video)

I have tried to look up solutions, and so far I have reinstalled and updated the drivers for the CPU and GPU, as well as changing the CPU thermal throttle up and down, and nothing has working.

When loading something like CSGO, sometimes I get a message that is,"CSGO.exe is prevented from using graphics hardware" which at first thought was the main problem, but that doesn't come up for everything that causes the glitches.

I also have noticed in Task manager that my GPU has been running close to 95% when I do anything that is slightly intensive, but I can get the glitches without having my GPU at that high. My CPU is almost ever above 60%.

Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

That's artifacting, I'd turn down the overclock if that helps

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

As others have already said, that's a GPU issue.

If you have overclocked it, turn it off. If you don't know how to, download MSI Afterburner and click on the "Reset" button to load the default settings.

Also, make sure you have the latest drivers.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube