add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC immediately shuts down after starting.

Flokii
  • 16 months ago

Added) BSOD started appearing outta no where and the issue of powering up came with it, It would freeze at 100% in BSOD and when I forcefully shut the PC down and power up again It would do as said below.

Okay so the issue described in the title came outta nowhere. I have a little bit of PC knowledge but this time I have absolutely no idea. Basicly for some time It workes after crashing first, then when BSOD occured it went till 100% and froze. After some time I try to restart the PC forcefully due to freeze and It just powers up and you can hear the coolers spin for about a second or two, no mobo beeps, power button light also comes on then it just shuts down and after a bit it tries to power up again by itself and the same loop goes on forever.

I did reinstall windows but it still crashed now it doeant even get me to windows anymore. I've only installed Hyper evo 212X cooler into the case and it worked perfect ever since so I doubt thats the case. The CPU temp seen from BIOS was always around 42 C, everything seem normal. Could it be the PSU? I really have no idea. This is are the PC specs

i7-7700, Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB, GA-Z170 DD3 mobo, 8GB DDR3 RAM HyperX Fury 1866, Sandisk 120GB SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Chieftec GPE600S PSU and the case is Akyga midi-tower AKY006BK.

Sorry, used my phone to write all of this so the spes are the way they are.

Please help me D:

• F

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

Hi Flokii, I am assuming you are using either the D3H DDR3 (MATX) or HD3 DDR3 (ATX) as those are the only ones i could find. The memory you have, is it just the one 8 gig stick? Or is it two 4 gigs? If its the two, try booting with 1 stick installed. If the 1 stick fails try the other. Not sure if this is true or not as i'm sure people have had un-supported ram kits work on there mobo, but the only ram i see supported on the site list is KHX1866C9D3K2/8GX DS which is a duel stick kit. I had the same issue in the Core2Duo days and had to buy a new stick of ram. Well hope this helps and good luck.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

It is a MATX format, a 1x8 HyperX Fury Savage 1866-MHz RAM stick, not really sure why It would be causing an issue but I'll let the guys with test benches know about it. Thanks.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

It sounds like a thermal issue. Check that the cooler is seated properly and has proper thermal paste, since the BIOS temps might not always be correct. It could also be a power issue. Do you have any spare parts to use? I have also seen this be a problem with bad RAM. So lots of things to work through here. I did notice that you put you are using DDR3 memory in a z170 board. You aren't doing that right? Using incorrect RAM can destroy a PC.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

The mobo I have uses DDR3 specifically, the only mod I made was the cooler so It could be it but the thermal paste should last longer than a few months afaik and also the PC had no issues at for past few months so I very much doubt in the cooler being the issue but I very much appreciate your suggestion and will give it a go tomorrow before I take it to the service.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

What is the motherboard model number? There was only a few Z170's that supported DDR3. The error you mentioned does indicate a hardware problem. Be sure to have your documents or your service guy will try to sell you RAM.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

That is crazy, I have never seen a Z170 board that can use DDR3. It still seems like a hardware issue though. I would try to swap a PSU first since that is probably going to be the most likely.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Will do exactly that, yeah I've had a 1x8GB DDR3 RAM stick laying around perfectly working so I made an unusual decision to go for that mobo.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Highly suggest replacing the psu cause cheiftech makes nothing but crap power supplies

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Dunno, the PSU decision wasn't really on me, in fact a pretty respectable computer engineer from my local community recommended it as it has served him for years without major faults.

It might be the PSU, I am updating the topic in a few minutes now.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I would still suggest replacing the psu any way cause it will damage your components.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, for anyone who has been following the topic, this is the update:

What I did was made sure every screw regarding the CPU cooler was holding in as It was supposed to and I've also switched my RAM stick's slot to a different one. So far the PC has been working fine, I was playing a pretty high demanding game on ultra settings for a while, the CPU didn't exceed 70 C and I've also made a full scan with Kaspersky to minimize the reoccurences of some trojans I noticed a while ago.

Basicly, so far no problems, If the situation changes I'll be sure to notify everyone.

For those who helped in any way, I very much appreciate you taking your time to do so and I hope you have a wonderful day!

-F

[comment deleted]
  • 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I can no longer reach the desktop nor anything at all but I do remember one of the crashes had an error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in a file.named intelppm.sys

There was another error in the next crash but I can't remember it anymore.

[comment deleted]
  • 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I can't even reach BIOS anymore so the first thing I'll do is test my current PSU, If it doesn't work out I'll let you know. Thanks for the response.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube