add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fractal design r4, Fractal design Arc midi or Nzxt phantom 410

Novapilot28

69 months ago

As stated above, which would be the better choice for a gaming rig? Obviously they all have fan controllers and good cable management but which is inherentely better?

Comments

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

I only have experience with the R4, and I have to say I really like it. I would, however, recommend the Define Mini to anyone asking - unless you really need a full sized ATX build :-)

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

For my part, I have the Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 and I love it. The Define R4 is very popular around here and even more quiet than the Arc Midi R2 since it uses noise dampening materials. Both are very nicely built and you won't regret going with either one.

I can't comment on the Phantom 410 though, never used it.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

So should i go with the cheaper one?

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

If you really have a crush on a particular case, then go for it, you won't regret it. Both are very nicely made, so I would personally go for the cheaper of the two. I also happen to prefer the look of the Arc Midi (which is usually a tad cheaper than the Define R4), but that's just personal taste.

Also, Fractal Design's customer service is excellent. I had a faulty USB port on my case and after submitting my ticket on their website, they shipped a new USB controller within a week, without the need of sending anything back.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah i see. The arc midi is also cheaper at my place but i like the r4 better lol

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Totally understandable :)

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

That would actually be genius if only my local stores stocked halfway decent matx boards. Sorry if i sound like im raging because that is actually a great suggestion

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

I still wish I did mine as a mATX build instead of the massive box I now have sitting under my table. I love the R4 - I was just not expecting it to be so big :-) I love that it's noise insulated - I hate noisy PCs, so it was a very big part of my parts selection for my build.

Then again - I had been out of the whole PC building scene since around 2005, so a lot has happened.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Now im starting to swing to the other end of the spectrum. Ive just realized how cool it woukd be to stuff an i5 and a gtx 750ti inside a 30 by 30cm box :p

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

I know that feeling. I have a build in the pipeline with a GTX660 (or hopefully a faster Maxwell card than the 750Ti), a mITX mobo with an i3, 2 hard drives, an SSD, an optical drive, and a 120mm AIO kit for the CPU - all inside a Cooler Master Elite 130 :D

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

! Thats the same case i chose lol. Here let me link the build

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

midi looks the best IMO. cant comment on the workings of it but from youtube vids it seems to work just fine.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool,TYVM

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube