add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

CPU Cooler Doesn't Fit Motherboard.

Cardboard231
  • 16 months ago

I was recently making a new PC and was told to install the CPU and CPU cooler before putting it in its case. When trying to do this the Screw Pillars on it didn't go far enough through the motherboards holes to fit the bracket. i can screw 2 into the bracket though this looked unclean.

The cooler was a Cryorig C7

And the Motherboard was a Z370-A Pro

It clears the capacitors though its too stubby to get through enough if you look closely you can see there's a little bit of the screw pillar above where its mounted on the cooler if i can get that down it'll fit

Both the Cryorig manufacturers and part picker say they support each other.

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you give us some pictures? They are compatible so it is most likely user error that is going on.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "Hardware > CPU Coolers" to "Systems > Troubleshooting".

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah pictures would help. Try installing the MB before putting the cooler on. I usually install MB then the cooler then the ram depending on cooler interference. Then test before installing anything else. Get that 8 pin CPU power plugged before mounting MB : )

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Is the cooler turned the right way? It could have different orientations that it fits with. Hope it helps!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube