add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Issue with my first build

Bumpyjones
  • 16 months ago

I tried building my first pc this weekend.but when it boots it gave me a message saying " reboot and select proper boot device I was just wondering if and on could help me.its a ryzen 2200g build on a b450 motherboard

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you installed the Operating System yet? Do you have a boot drive or disk with an OS loaded onto it? If you have at least an 8GB USB stick, you can use Microsoft's Media Creation tool to create a boot drive (you don't even need the product key to create the drive, you can always get it later).

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

If you have already installed the OS you may need to change the boot drive in your bios to boot to the drive you installed the OS on. If you're not sure unplug all drives except the drive you installed the OS on and try again.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube