add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Windows 10 (activation?) Help

OMGlikeYASS
  • 19 months ago

Hey guys, so I have an issue. I bought windows 10 from Amazon back in 2015; long story short my motherboard died and my hard drive broke as well. I’m essentially rebuilding my whole PC. I cannot find my Windows activation key anywhere.

I have an upgrade key to Windows 10 Education, and I may be able to recover my hard drive; should I call Microsoft and see if I can get the key back?

Where is the best place to get a cheap download and key for an earlier, upgradeable version of Windows? Thanks.

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I'd avoid the super cheap keys from places like Ebay or other gray market sellers. As far as upgrading to Win10 from an older version, it's probably going to be cheaper and easier for you to just buy Win10, however, if you can find a cheaper Win 7 or 8 key from a legit seller (excluding the third party marketplace sellers on places like Amazon and Newegg), before you buy I would recommend confirming with Microsoft that you can still upgrade for free, I thought they had ended that program.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Will do, thanks.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube