add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC wont turn on

PandaDomain
  • 16 months ago

I have put together all the parts, the pc wont post. The only thing that lights up is the motherboard led light under PWR_LED and the motherboard rgb lights.

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

What are your specs? Do any of your fans spin? Are all cables connected and in the proper place?

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

If you have all cables properly connected including CPU power, the next thing I'd check is that you didn't bend a CPU pin installing the CPU. Definitely do a cable check first though.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I just shorted the 2 pin on the board, it posted and trying to boot windows on BIOS now.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Sometimes with new builds its that pesky power led for the front IO panel. Try hitting the start button located on the motherboard if so equipped. And put together a build list so we know what you built. Easier to guess at the possible solutions.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube