add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Going to sell my Alienware Laptop to buy a better PC but not sure for how much.

iiVe

8 months ago

The model is a 15 R2, with my particular version of the R2 running $1399 on Amazon for a repaired and refurbished laptop (https://amzn.to/2OMWg7v), but mine is pretty well used and hasn't been checked out in a while. Even though it still functions as well as a new laptop would, the RGB lighting is buggy and the screen hinge creaks a tad when you open and close it, so overall the PC is a bit rickety. It still works great and runs games and software well, so I'm curious how much would be a reasonable price for it.

Specs: i7 6700HQ 2.6GHz Quad-Core NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980M 16GB RAM 1TB HDD 128GB SSD

I was thinking $1,150 but I wanted to get the opinion of more experienced people with regards to laptop pricing. I would, of course, clean it up and get rid of all the grime so it's nice and shiny. Thanks in advance to anyone with input.

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 4 points

The model is a 15 R2, with my particular version of the R2 running $1399 on Amazon for a repaired and refurbished laptop

They must have done some drugs before posting that. It has hardware that is multiple gens old. No one in their right mind is going to buy it.

Not super knowledge on used laptop pricing but what I do know for sure is that you aren't getting anywhere close to $1150. I would say about $600.

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

I agree with vagabond, the laptop is not worth as much as Amazon is selling it for (though I'm not overly convinced that drugs were involved lol). If it were that much then I would said around 1000-1200, but probably more like 600 is more realistic. Too be fair though that it still a lot of money, that could be a GTX 1080 right there

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

I wouldn't be surprised if you could get ~$1000 for it, especially if you can clean it up and the battery holds a charge. Laptops don't price like PC hardware does. Further, laptop buyers tend to be less astute than PC builders in my experience. If someone wants to buy a 15" Alienware from Dell right now with similar specs, they're going to spend $1600 or more.

EDIT 1600 not 1800

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay thanks for the input, I think I'll get it checked out by an expert for a few repairs and then sell it for $900-$950.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube