add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

2 cores + ssd or 4 cores

Novapilot28

71 months ago

As stated above, which should i get? An i3 4130 with ssd or i5 4440 by itself

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 2 points

More cores now, faster drive later... It will cost less in the long run and perform better in the short term.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Really? Do you know any good software for transferring data from hdd to ssd

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

As in the OS and installed apps? Not particularly. Maybe a drive imaging app would work best like acronis or ghost... Look up drive imaging software to see if there is a good one

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright thanks anyway

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Why are you limited to those 2 options?

It depends what you'll be using the PC for.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Gaming and some light productivity

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Due to my budget

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

If you're budget conscious, I'd go for something like an FX-6300 and a cheap 64/128GB SSD. This would end up being cheaper than the i5, and more powerful than the i3.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Forgot to mention that its mini itx :p

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

SSD has very little gains if you are using it for gaming. Yes your maps will load faster but you can only have 1-2 games on a SSD. FPS will not increase being on a SSD.

SSD's are great and make the experience of using the OS(PC) that much better, but for gaming its really not worth it if it will hinder other more important items via GPU!!!

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for clearing that up

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

no problem

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

4 cores is better, in my opinion

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Ty

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

youre welcome

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

if you are gaming please do yourself a favor and do not get an i3, personally would go i5 all the way and a 4670 is only a few bucks more then a 4440 if remember correctly

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

4670k may be only 20 bucks more but the point of it is to overclock. Between aftermarket cooling and the z87 board that may put the submitter past some budget threshold. The difference between the k/cooler/z87 and locked i5 could probably be put towards a better gpu for more gains in gaming applications.

All of it comes down to budget I suppose!

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

that is why i said 4670, and not 4670k ;)

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh snap you got me! xD My bad. So used to seeing it with the k I forget about the locked option.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

you could do both Intel Core i5-4430 Haswell 3.0GHz LGA 1150 is 189 on newegg and crucial ssd 240 gb m500 is like 109 bucks on amazon.

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

20$ more for a 4670 and most definitely worth every bit of that 20 bucks

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Definitely

• 71 months ago
  • 0 points

i3 is a dual core with hyperthreading. 2 real cores plus 2 virtual cores. i5 is 4 physical cores and has the added feature of turbo boost allowing it to vary performance depending on load and usage.

if you have no need for turbo boost than i would just suggest the i3 and do what you will with the money you save.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

So 4 cores and no ssd is better overall?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Actually the i3 is a dual core with 2 real cores. 2 real threads and 2 virtual threads. Threads are very different from cores. Best not to mix them up.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube