add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
kaffermobile

16 months ago

Hi Guys, this one has me stumped. My wifes computer , Ryzen 3 1300x, 16gb ram, Gtx 1060 6gb , playing Ark Survival on a older samsung 55'' tv, 1080p resolution, high settings or medium settings, will not get anything above 24-31fps, tried lowering the settings to low, still same fps.

My daughters computer, Ryzen 5 1400, 16gb ram, Gtx 1060 6gb( same card), playing the same game on a 1080p 144hz monitor, she gets 40-50 fps on high, close to 60fps on medium.

So i took the mobo,cpu out of my wifes computer and replaced it with the Ryzen 5 1400 from my daughters computer, this is a way better cpu, thought that would fix the fps issue somewhat, nothing happening, she still gets the same 24-31 fps.

Is it the tv that she is playing on that is causing this because i checked the tv settings, its 1920x 1080, 60hz, kinda stumped as to what is causing this, could it be the video card( highly unlikely), let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds more like an issue with the game installation. I would uninstall then re-install the game.

Before that, make sure you don't have a v-sync setting causing the issues. Check the Nvidia control panel as well as the game settings. The TV maybe detected as a 30 hz panel.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd lean toward an issue with the graphics card talking to the TV. How is it connected? Make sure Gsync is not enabled and make sure your graphics settings match the TV.

First test I would have done is simply swap the computers to the other monitors(TV) and see if the problem moves with the computer

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, I just sort of remember back in the day many of the Big screen tv's upscaled 30hz to 60hz. I'm not sure if that is or could cause your problem but it's a thought

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube