add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New Build, No POST, VGA and BOOT LED's lit

johnbeene1

15 months ago

For reference, here's the build: Build

So all of my components came in and I began building yesterday. I got everything installed and tried to boot, but I'm getting no display and the VGA and BOOT led's on the board are lit. I started troubleshooting by unplugging components one at a time until I'm now at this state:

*MB out of case (on anti-static bag)

*24 pin and 8 pin cables connected

*kraken installed (radiator is out of case, too)

*kraken sata power hooked up

*kraken connected to mb AIO PUMP header

*1x kraken fan connected to CPU FAN header

*No hdd installed (m.2 or sata)

*RAM installed in slots 2&4

*case front panel connected

I'm still having no luck. I've tried both pieces of RAM individually in each slot. I've reset the CMOS. Could it be that the bios isn't recognizing the 9700k? I feel like it should since this is a z390 board made specifically for 9th gen processors.

I'm at a loss and am feeling pretty frustrated. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Comments

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you check to see if everything is plugged in?

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you using the GPU or onboard graphics?

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

So to follow-up, I spent some time with asus customer service yesterday. They think the motherboard is DOA, so now I've started the RMA process.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

I went through the same thing with my Z370-E board except I had the red CPU Post Light. Ended up sending it back for a new one and it did the trick. I think I read somewhere that the outside of a static bag isn't safe like the inside is? I might be wrong but just thought I'd mention it. I just used the cardboard box it came in. Good luck!

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I didn't run it on the bag, that's just where it sits now (unhooked). Thanks, though.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Well that just makes me sad. I've been lucky never having a DOA Asus anything. That's a nice board too. Good luck with the replacement.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

FWIW, I'm really regretting going with SuperBiiz right now. It's been 4 days since I requested an RMA and after a few emails and several calls, they haven't issued one yet. And now I've read some truly scary stories about their return process, especially with motherboards. It's probably going to be weeks (minimum) and possibly months before this gets resolved. Shouldn't have tried to save a couple bucks and just went with a more customer friendly vendor.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Been there done that and I think it was SuperBiiz lol. Newegg FTW. They even pay the shipping back most the time. If it gets ugly file a claim with your CC company.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

So this is a little old as of now, but I wanted to post an update.

I chose not to wait on SuperBiiz's RMA process and I bought a new motherboard while the refund processes. That was the problem. The system is working perfectly now.

FWIW, I went with a Gigabyte Aorus Ultra. The whole thing scored 10,248 on Time Spy...I'm very happy!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube