add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

will i have enough power?

masondixon
  • 85 months ago

i'm using my brother's old 620w psu, wondering if it will be enough to run my new system. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/NHf1 thanks!

Comments

• 85 months ago
  • 1 point

Is it a gold psu or lower. I would recommend a 850w for 2 high end cards

• 85 months ago
  • 1 point

660s aren't high-end cards, though. Efficiency isn't an issue, either - it's actual output OP needs to worry about.

First, how old is the power supply? Second, there should be a label on the side of the unit that looks like this; the important number is the amperage on the 12V rail(s), which is 35A in that example picture. Third, what's the make and model of the unit?

A photo of that label should take care of items 2 and 3 for us, if you can manage it.

• 85 months ago
  • 1 point

the psu is at least two years old. i'm gonna have to wait until i get my hands on it to get the label

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube