add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

School Laptop Not Working

PresDuhMes
  • 15 months ago

My Surface Pro randomly crashes, it won't reset (full reset) and errors when I try to.

All Office Apps won't let me sign and and tries to "manage my device"- this also leads to an error in all the apps

Microsoft store wouldn't work properly- when I opened it it didn't show in task bar (and yes I looked at my settings) and would fail to install the app- when I tried to reset/uninstall the app, it no longer showed up anywhere on my laptop, even after reinstalling.

I need someone to figure this out fast because my teachers don't care and just give me 0's. Great.

Comments

• 15 months ago
  • 2 points

You could try copying any files you need and doing a clean Windows install. Have you tried calling Microsoft tech support? If it is under warranty, you can try to send it back for repairs. While you are sorting this out, if your school has a computer lab you could do your work there. If not, most public libraries have computers available for use.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

That's what I am making rn- a USB Installation for Windows to see if it will reset like that If that doesn't work, I already know someone working at a microsoft store that can get me one replaced I can't use the computer labs or a public library because I play sports literally every day after school an travel over the weekend for the tournaments for it.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, sound like you have it covered then. Good luck with the reinstall, school, and any upcoming sports events.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube