add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Confused with credit card balances

nostalgia2302

14 months ago

I've had two credit cards for a fairly long time, and honestly I feel dumb just because I don't understand the difference between a ''statement balance'' and a ''current'' balance. I never paid much attention to billing cycles and just tried to keep the current balance on 0.

However, today I noticed that I have a current balance of about 482.00 and a statement balance of about 672.00 and now I'm just scared and confused as to what is what I really owe. That's a difference of $190 which is an amount I don't know if I have to or don't have to pay.

Can somebody help out?

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 3 points

Your statement balance is the amount you owe on the previous billing cycle (so say last month, one cycle is monthly) while your Current Balance is your balance for your current cycle and goes up as you buy things. I don’t have a credit card but I think that’s how it works.

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

I don’t have a credit card but I think that’s how it works.

I'm sure we'd love to give you credit for your answer, but how do you know your current statement is correct?

• 14 months ago
  • 3 points

I googled it lol

But seriously, I googled OPs question and there was plenty of links explaining it, I went and pulled Info from a link or two and summarized it. Better than being rude and just telling OP to google it imo

Also anyone is free to correct me, always open to learning new things :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube