add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Possible PC Build

stuardgabe

11 months ago

I am looking to build a pc for gaming. I’m on a loose budget but definitely under a grand. I made this pc based on a budget build I saw on YouTube and modified it a little. I was wondering how this pc would do? If you have any suggestions please let me know.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XnYbr6 (Link to parts list)

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Pretty good actually.

Changes that might be made:

• I’m not confident in that PSU. You could ask our good people who frequent the PSU category of the forums to try and see if it’s fine or if you should find a new one. Though, if you don’t really want to do that you could try finding Tomshardware reviews on some power supplies. If you do try searching for yourself, it would be important to note that you don’t really need a PSU rated over 500 watts of power. I believe Corsair makes some good 450W units if you would like to start your inquiries there.
  • It would be a massive improvement if you added a SSD. I’m not sure if you know this already, but a system can have multiple storage drives. A common drive setup is to have a fast SSD (in the 240-560GB range) configured with your OS and commonly used programs/applications while you have a secondary HDD with 1-2TB for the massive storage capacity. Over the last year, prices have really gone down for SSDs. A popular and relatively inexpensive 240GB SSD is linked here.
  • The RAM/memory you chose may prove to be inadequate. I would recommend going for a higher capacity (specifically 16GB instead of 8GB) and a faster speed kit since you are looking into an AMD system. Maybe in the 2666-3200MHz range.
  • It could never hurt to look at a few benchmarks for a CPU. Your selection looks fine to me, but you might run into another one that will be more appealing.

Hope I helped, and I’m open to questions if you would like to ask them.:)

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

Thank you! This helped a lot.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

I tried my best.

Also, +1 respect for the legitimate Windows license idea.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube