add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Powerline PC to Wireless Printer?

MetalOrange

15 months ago

Hi guys, I have a PC I built last year that is connected to a power line adaptor to my modem/router in another room. I also have a HP printer that is set up wireless through the network.

I'm able to print though other wireless devices through my printer, but my PC is unable to find the printer. I even tried download HP drivers with no luck.

Does anyone know a solution on how to set up printing in this situation? Thanks for the response.

Comments

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

I believe you need to have a USB connection to the printer when you are setting it up. Then after drivers are loaded you should be able to unplug USB and use it wirelessly. HP wireless is flakey at best.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thanks, I'll try connecting it through USB. Ya I've noticed the poor wireless connectivity in the past

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube