add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New pc build won’t post

scoobywrx99

15 months ago

Solved!!! It was a doa PSU. Thanks everyone.

So I just finished building my pc. I go to test it on the cardboard box and it doesn’t post. I’ve check to make sure the 8 and 24 pin connectors are seated. I have tried just one ram stick. The ram is good for Ryzen. I reseated the cpu. All I get is the rgb rog logo changing color and a white led on my graphics card near the 8 pin. No fan at all not even a quick burst.

Parts are:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/scoobywrx99/saved/YCxtgs

R5 2600 Team dark 3200 16gb cl14 ASUS strix b450 ASUS rx580 top Seasonic titanium flagship 600w PSU

I think since the motherboard is getting power it’s probably the motherboard that is doa and not the power supply.

What do you guys think? Any help is appreciated. Thanks Tim

Comments

• 15 months ago
  • 2 points

Is the ram listed on the MB compatibility list? Double check that power connections are fully seated

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes the ram is listed and I double -triple checked the connections.

I thought maybe the psu but being a titanium it probably was tested before it left the factory.

• 15 months ago
  • 2 points

Id take out the ram and see what happens and try to boot it will fail, but see if it fails in a different way. If it fails differently then its most likely not your ram as it should stop at the ram check. If it is your ram it should fail at the same test. This test does not preclude a MB from being DOA but does help to check if its simply the ram.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes I took the ram out. Same result. I tried each ram stick separately and in all of the slots.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

I’ll post the results of what I find out. I searched so many forums and people never post the resolutions. They just ask questions but never say what worked to fix the problem.

[comment deleted]
  • 15 months ago
  • 2 points

SeaSonic are really good and since memory is nearly bullet proof and on the list my guess would be the motherboard also.

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

Finally got the new psu and everything is perfect. Hope this thread helps someone diagnose there problem. Thanks everyone

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

I’m going micro center after work today to swap the motherboard and get a psu tester. Who knew those existed? For 15 bucks it tests all the lines on a psu. Fantastic little device. They have really basic ones on eBay for even cheaper. I don’t understand why something like that wouldn’t be included with a psu. Especially a top tier one.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

That sounds a little too good to be true. Let us know if it actually works.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

The guy from the seasonic tech support told me about the psu tester. He said to test with that Device before I send back the power supply. Sorry it’s $20 not $15.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/508304/digital-lcd-power-supply-tester

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks guys

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Got a brand new motherboard still not posting. I also purchased a PSU tester. No power from the PSU. Started a RMA with seasonic. I will keep everyone posted.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Tried my friends old psu. Fired right up. Just waiting for my RMA from seasonic.

• 15 months ago
  • 2 points

Congrats, well done solving the issue. :D Enjoy the new PC

• 15 months ago
  • 2 points

Thanks for the update, too! Drives me nuts when i'm researching a problem and the op doesn't tell us when they figure it out :)

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry it was the psu

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube