add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Replacement Motherboard for HP M2N78-LA

itsystemguru
  • 75 months ago

P/N: 513430-002 Rev:C02

HP M2N78-LA Pegatron Socket AM2 Motherboard

I need help finding a replacement for this motherboard. This BIOS on this thing is jacked so I'm looking for a cost effective solution for my client/friend

As always any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• 75 months ago
  • 2 points

One of the only boards I could find with AM2 support: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157274

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you. I placed the order yesterday. Will let you know how it goes.

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

The only potential issue I could possibly see is the power/reset buttons. Not sure if HP uses a single header

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Well if that happens to be the "case". Then time for a new case lol

• 75 months ago
  • 2 points

Lol yup. Or you could splice the proprietary header (if there is one) and rig something up. Probably not worth the effort or time.

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope. At this point I am not wasting any more time. I originally diagnosed the problem as a HDD failure.. Boy was I wrong, but it wasn't my fault lol. You see I booted the computer and out pops a disk read error. Sooo I took out the HDD plugged it into my Sata to USB adapter (which I had a 2.5"connected to beforehand) to test it out and I get nothing. So I thought maybe the PCB on this drive is done.. I got the new drive threw it in and got nothing. Come to find out my my SATA to USB adapter is toast lol. Which is good news my friend doesn't lose all his data! :)

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

I received the motherboard swapped it out and everything is a go! Thanks for the help. I have another question. I connected the case fan to CHA_1 and I feel like it is spinning to fast. I didn't see anything in the BIOS to slow it down. Should I connect it to PWR_FAN? Is there a difference? Or is PWR_FAN reserved for something else?

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

I would think the fan settings would be under monitoring. You can use either fan header.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Pwr fan header is usually used for a second fan on a heat sink or the pump for a liquid cooler.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube