add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I could really use your 2 cents on what I should do, wait a month for swiftech h220? or go with something else?

FrostedFluke

82 months ago

Hey guys,

So, I'm doing my first ever build and I'm super excited, I read many reviews on swiftech's h220 liquid cooler and was extremely impressed by it. I'm ordering my parts online and the only website to sell the H220 is NCIX (I'm in Canada) but they are sold out until the end of April, the thing is, I could pre-order it now, but I don't want to use a stock cooler until then.

I was thinking of the Noctua NH D-14 but, at that price, I know it'd be silly to buy it, then buy the h220 (I'm not one to throw money like that). I was also thinking of going with the cheaper EVO 212 since I heard great things about it for the low price, would it do well with an overclocked i5 3570k?

I know these types of "What should I do?" questions are annoying, but I'm just looking for suggestions and would be grateful for help.

TL;DR: Wait for the Swiftech H220? Forget about the H220 and buy something else (Noctua NH-D14 perhaps)? Or buy the cheaper EVO 212 and use it until the H220 becomes available?

I truly appreciate any help you guys throw my way.

Edit: I also forgot to mention, I'm a little worried about the size and weight of the NH D14 and what it could do to my motherboard, do you guys think this is an issue?

Comments

• 82 months ago
  • 3 points

What about the 212 Plus to hold you over, as it's even cheaper, with the similar performance, it just has that annoying surface that goes on the CPU. Remember you will have to get more thermal paste if you are gonna switch (just keep in mind).

I don't see why having a stock cooler for 35ish days is enough to make you spend an extra $35 on another, then have to switch them whenever you receive the h220. I guess it's your build though.

• 82 months ago
  • 3 points

I would just run with the stock cooler. It's just not worth the extra money to buy a cooler that you are only going to use for a month. I am using the stock cooler until I get the money for a Corsair H100i. And it works just fine and you can barely hear it.

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

If moneys not a factor, definetly wait for the h220, it will give you unparalleled performance.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube