add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

amd drivers for linux ubuntu/mint

tigerclaw99
  • 18 months ago

hi I can't find drivers for linux on amds website I haven't built my system so its not critical but I want to know to how would I run linux without the drivers or how to get them

Comments

• 18 months ago
  • 2 points

amd drivers for linux ubuntu ...

For general use, included in ubuntu.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

The open source amdgpu driver should be included with the kernel sources. Whether your distro's generic kernel is built with amdgpu, I've no idea. Worst case is you have to build a custom kernel.

For the closed source amdgpu pro driver, just google "amdgpu pro" and the link should show up.

You should be able to boot and operate a linux system using the basic framebuffer driver (EFI or VESA); it will be slow, of course, but it should work well enough to let you build and/or install the correct drivers.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

oh ok thanks

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube