add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

HDD not initializing

ProbablyProdigy

15 months ago

Having some trouble with my Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM. Just built a new system and the M.2 SSD is working just fine but for the life of me, I can't get the HDD to initialize in disk management. the request could not be completed because of an i/o device error is what happens when I attempt to initialize the disk. It's also saying that there is only 3.9GB of unallocated space rather than 3TB. It reads the proper device name and also shows as being 'healthy'.

Comments

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you set something up on the HDD before?

If you have nothing mission critical on the HDD you may need to repartition and format.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube