add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New build can't web browse?

Mullethunter

15 months ago

Hi all, 2 days ago I upgraded from a 3770k cpu to a ryzen 2700x with a crosshair vii mobo and Samsung b die 3600 ram.

Booted fine using existing win10 install on Samsung sata ssd, could play overwatch, but found when I went to web browse with chrome it some times came up with err_SLL_protocol_error or basic web layout. IE 11 was the same symptoms and sometimes a unsafe TLS security setting error. I found the system clock was wrong time zone and resynced with a dns flush, same fault still.

I then unplugged all HDDs and used a boot usb to install a fresh copy of windows 10 on a new nvme ssd. Loaded mother board drivers from CD, but same problem still.

Windows isn't activated on the new install, I've tried going to the replaced hardware checkbox but it keeps erroring that it can't connect to the activation servers.

Tried modem reset, another windows reinstall.

Running out of ideas if anyone can help what to try next thanks?

Comments

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

I found this, might help maybe? More options in the comments.

https://www.thesslstore.com/blog/fix-err-ssl-protocol-error/

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, il run through. Think they are similar to a different site I've tried

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube