add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Would this build work?

Mycrusade29

15 months ago

This will be my first PC build. Matter of fact I haven't owned a PC since 2011 which was a crappy $200 laptop. Lol here is the link to my build. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PfYRyX

Comments

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks like a pretty good build but two things you could improve a bit on the build.

1. That hyper 212 may need a separate bracket to fit on the am4 socket so I would see and change the cooler that has the am4 bracket or contract cooler master to give you the bracket.

2. The Vega 64 runs really hot and a blower style fan may make the gpu run hot and loud. Maybe try to get an open air vega 64 to check the noise and heat in check but otherwise a pretty damn good card.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

I would stick with the stock 2600X cooler. The Hyper 212 is very old, and I'm pretty sure that it is near comparable to the stock option. The stock also looks better, IMO.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

I would drop down to the reg 2600 and get rid of the hyper 212. Then get an m.2 with the savings.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

So what will you be using this pc for? If it is just casual gaming, then maybe take the after market cooler out and stick with the stock cooler ( I know it is a stock cooler but for being "stock" it performs exceptionally well!) Also, since you have a 2600x maybe you want to get a "better" mobo? The motherboard you have now is good but just for "balancing" reasons :) With your budget of 1000 you might want to swap the 2 tb hdd for a 250-500gig ssd and 1tb hdd to speed things up. The case you are planning to get is good but maybe you would want something for a bit more airflow? Such as the meshify C? Again I dont know if you plan to do hardcore gaming but to balance other parts in the build out, I would get a rx590 and a 600-650 watt psu so you can spend a bit more, but this is up to you :)

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor $179.99 @ Newegg Business
Motherboard MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard $108.73 @ Amazon
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $129.99 @ Amazon
Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $72.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.84 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI - Radeon RX 580 8 GB ARMOR MK2 OC Video Card $232.70 @ Amazon
Case Fractal Design - Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower Case $79.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $79.99 @ B&H
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $98.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1028.21
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-21 01:39 EST-0500

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube