add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Brand New PC Build; No Signal on Monitors

Zemv
  • 15 months ago

I recently decided to order and build my first PC with the help of my brother who has built a few.

Here is the build for reference: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yf7XpG

We got everything put together, it started up fine with no looping or anything like that, but the monitors got no signal. We've tried trouble shooting in so many ways I can't keep count. The LED's on the mobo are on, all the fans are working, it doesn't kill itself after 5-10 seconds, nothing. It just will not display anything on the monitor. I'm beginning to get frustrated as this is my first build. I could use any advice possible. I'm not sure what else to do. The only thing I could think is that there is something wrong with the motherboard. We did try one of his Graphics Cards and it was still a no-go. We've tried moving around the RAM and using only 1 stick at a time. Still nothing. I've noticed that the RAM I'm using is DDR4-3000 and I'm not really sure if that's the issue because I had no other sticks to test on it. Everything is plugged in correctly and has been checked probably 5+ times as we've probably spent 10 hours troubleshooting and rechecking everything. We just tried rebuilding it again from scratch and it is still a no-go.

Thank you in advance for your help, just trying to get this sorted out ASAP. I need to know if I have parts that I need to return and try to get replaced or whatever the case may be.

Comments

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

then maybe try a different monitor?a tv perhaps?faulty hdmi or dp or dvi cable?

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Tried every cord variation possible. Also tried and multiple monitors, a laptop monitor, and 2 TV’s.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Note: Not all of the mounts line up for the motherboard into the case. I’m not sure if this could be an issue in this case, but just for insight.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Bump. Still unresolved.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube