add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

can i swap my CPU?

gashaed1

14 months ago

This is my first PC i have built and everything is going very well, but i want to upgrade my CPU because because i can get alot more out of my graphics card.

i have a Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual Core LGA1151 CPU. I want to swap to a AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Gen2 6 Core AM4 CPU

I'm able to do it but i am unsure that my motherboard is compatible with the new Ryzen, my motherbard is a Gigabyte B250M-D2V.

What should i do??

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

Because you are switching platforms from Intel to AMD, you will need a new B450 board to go along with it, as Intel boards are not compatible with AMD boards.

If you switch, it is also recommended to do a clean reinstall of Windows just to get rid of the old system drivers and replace them with the new ones.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

thats the news i wasn't hoping for :( but thanks anyway man, looks like im gonna have buy a new motherboard as well,

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

i might just buy an intel CPU would save me alot of hassle and maybe money if i shop around

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube