add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Turns on powers up won't show bios, New PC Build First Timer looked at the troubleshooting list already

b-to-the-illy
  • 14 months ago

Ryzen 1700x MSI 1070 Aero (unplugged to try to boot bios) A320m Pro-VH Plus DDR4 Viper elite 8GBx2

I removed both rams and only tried one of each, it powers on and everything seems ok but i can't get bios on the TV i tried a DVI wire i had but its not working the HDMI isn't working and i removed the GPU so i could use the on board only thinking i'd have a better shot. I did all the troubleshooting from the main page with the checklist. I'm not sure what else it could be.

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

StevenAlleyn pretty much covered it, but to help troubleshoot disconnect EVERYTHING that is not essential to get the PC to boot. So you will want the board, CPU, at least one stick of RAM, GPU and power to everything. This can help rule out other parts. You will also want to make sure the power is properly connected to EVERYTHING. This means from the wall to the PSU, PSU to the board (24 ATX and 4/8 EPS), PSU to the GPU. You will also want to make sure that the connection for the video cable is secure. Is the cable known good? Is the monitor/ TV known good? Do you have any extra equipment to test with?

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

The 1700X does not have onboard graphics, so you will not have any luck seeing BIOS with the GPU removed. Make sure it's plugging in and has power, connect HDMI to the GPU directly & connect to the TV. Make sure you at least have one channel of RAM seated.

I'm assuming when you say you can't get to BIOS you mean that there's no image on the screen at all. Do you see even a cursor or is your TV showing "no signal"?

Does your motherboard have debug LEDs or a beep code or something? Are you getting any kind of error on it?

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

It won't beep or anything. I brought it to a technician cause i got completely stuck. He said the motherboard is bad after testing it all. I didn't know about the onboard graphics so that was helpful thank you. Im gonna try a new board and heres hoping.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Hope everything works out! Let us know how it works out :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube